Only what I personally witnessed, what sticks out in my head.
Every game: The moment the pressbox windows come down, just around the time of the national anthem.
Brian Wilson's first step out of the bullpen onto the field.
Brewers' Craig Counsell's 13-pitch RBI PH (including 7 fouls with 2 outs).
Pete Kozma's major league debut at the plate, an RBI double. And wearing #47, Joe McEwing's old number (my fave player of all time).
Chipper Jones calling the pressbox to ask 'what a guy has to do to buy a hit around here.' (One of Atlanta's PR folks used to work for STL. When the call came in and we passed the message down verbally ('Chipper's on the phone') I thought it was a prank call.)
Cubs wild pitch that won a late season game (the game TLR mentioned on the World Series stage)
Watching Chambers fly during his debut.
Spotting a shift, often caught out of the corner of my eye as I'm writing.
Catching my first triple switch through my binoculars (before it was announced over the loudspeaker).
Watching the ground crew work. Methodical and squirrely. I would've described them that way even without the rally squirrel!
Working a couple of Sunday night ESPN games. (Usually means better food in the media lunchroom, too.)
Late season, noticing a line of red-sweatshirt clad Cardinals along the dugout fence, with almost no one lined up for the opposing team, who had nothing at stake.
No comments:
Post a Comment